Photoshop vs Retouching Software?

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Invanovich22 Regular Member • Posts: 189
Photoshop vs Retouching Software?

All i need is basic color change and HDR effect, no actual editing of photos involved, however i am tired of Lightroom limitations in particular that it does not have HSL adjustment for single color within gradient/radial/brush filter mode.

There are so many retouching software out there free and paid, almost all have HSL adjustment for single color when gradient/radial/brush filter mode.

Problem is that i am quite used to Lightroom workflow with simply moving sliders only think i am missing is HSL for single color when in filter mode.

Other retouching software introduce "layers" and other additional features that make usage not so intuitive for me and i need to learn new workflow, also lots of this big bulky expensive photo retouching software with fancy AI ("artificial intelligence") is lagging on my old laptop.

1. I have an idea instead of investing money and time to learn new retouch software that is still very limited in functionality compared to Photoshop, perhaps i should switch to 100% Photoshop and 3rd party plugins or Photoshop workflow when i only need basic color retouching will be slower than dedicated retouching software?

2. Using retouching software with AI features has any advantages over "more dumb" Photoshop where everything has to be done manually, or AI is more a marketing fuzz?

3. When i add camera RAW file to Lightroom it has all the same adjustment that Photoshop Camera RAW plugin, but those adjustments can be changed any time later in the workflow, however in Photoshop when i open RAW file i have to first use Camera RAW plugin once and then import file so then this adjustments are not available anymore?

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow