Best way to have some influence on Canon engineering?

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
scottfrey
scottfrey Regular Member • Posts: 111
Best way to have some influence on Canon engineering?

What is the best contact (method/dept/target) in order to report bugs and request changes to firmware?

As an example, to effect Apple Engineering, one should submit feedback to Apple Feedback at https://www.apple.com/feedback/ which is, in effect a voting system. The (similar) things which get the most "votes" get the most attention.

Calling Apple support will get you to AppleCare, which WILL NOT have any effect on getting information about bugs, or requests for changes to Apple Engineering. Even AppleCare should tell you that, and send you to the Feedback form, Apple Support has no mechanism for making requests of Engineering. (for references, I am a profesional Apple Consultant, I know about these things at Apple)

Presumably there is a "best way" for reaching Canon as well. I would assume some path through CPS, but does anyone know of a best way? Does anyone know if CPS support has a way to send feedback to Engineering?

scottfrey's gear list:scottfrey's gear list
Canon EOS M5 Canon EOS R6 Canon EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS USM Canon EF-M 55-200mm f/4.5-6.3 IS STM Canon RF 24-105mm F4L IS USM +4 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow