Win 11 Update and Install - all OK

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
drynn Senior Member • Posts: 1,041
Win 11 Update and Install - all OK

Just a note to say that I noticed that Win 11 was now being offered to me via the usual Update facility (from Win 10) on my home PC. I decided to update.

I clicked the Download button; came back 30 minutes later and it now showed it was ready for install; I clicked that button and (coincidentally) went out for lunch. When I returned two hours later, Win 11 was loaded and running. Everything, with one exception, was working normally with no program errors (I have tried everything at least once but I only have about 30 programs installed). Even the Recycle Bin still had the old contents in it!

The only issue I found was that the Win 7 Games were not there: Heart, Solitaire, Mah-jong etc. However, I knew from past installs of Win 10 that they would probably not come across and had kept a copy of the .exe file for just such 'emergencies'. I ran the file, selected the games I wanted and they installed. When I started them, all the old Top Score Tables were still there, so that was nice.

I think Win 11 is quite good, and perception says Edge seems faster(?) but I shan't be doing any benchmarking. There some layout changes but I have found most things I need and installed several more program links on the Task Bar (all the old ones came across). I probably will play around a bit more but do not see that there are going to be any issues for me. All good 

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow