should I switich to Lumix G9 + Panaleica 100-400 or to Sony RX10IV from Lumix FZ330

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
oliwierpl New Member • Posts: 2
should I switich to Lumix G9 + Panaleica 100-400 or to Sony RX10IV from Lumix FZ330

Hi everyone,

been thinking about replacing my simple superzoom FZ300 for something better. Have read many threads on the forum and was convinced to buy G9 + 100-400. I guess I will see a big difference - longer zoom, bigger sensor. But I have just bumbed into threads with some good reviews on Sony Rx10IV. Should I stay with a decision to buy G9 with 100-400 or think about Sony superzoom? Cheaper and more all-purpose.

Maybe there are some other options worth considering? It has to be light as I might walk for >15km with it hand-hold or in the shoulder bag and a max. budget is the money for G9 + 100-400 (so about 3000 Euros).

I'm going to use the camera during my field works as an environmentalist, so:

-mainly static birds (at least a size of Starling) & mammals (big herbivores and carnivores),

-sometimes butterflies and birds in flight.

I will often be photographing in the forest, also at dusk or dawn. I'm also planning to do short 4k videos .

Panasonic Lumix DC-G9 Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ300
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow