Some wildlife with the Z50

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
kitanaka
kitanaka Contributing Member • Posts: 690
Some wildlife with the Z50

Popped down to the park today for a couple of hours after work. Used my Nikon Z50 and 500mm5.6pf. It is a very lightweight set up. Also 1 photo from yesterday.

Haven't taken many pictures with this camera recently but recently uploaded some pictures from a year ago and I thought  I would try the camera out again. I would say definitely the autofocus does seem better for wildlife after the recent firmware update ( about a month ago maybe 1.30 not sure) With human eyes it is definitely MUCH faster as it locks on my kids eyes way quicker than before. Wasn't sure about birds but it does seems more sticky in all modes but especially auto and the subject trracker is more sticky too...still not great for flight shots but pretty good for shoot and recompose situations especially for bigger birds.

Anyway a definite improvement in an already good camera. Anyway here are a few shots.. light wasn't good today so nothing special....the Osprey is a heavy crop. The White-eye from yesterday the light was good but I was still impressed how the Z50 kept up because these birds are tiny and really move fast and constantly. Thanks for looking!

kitanaka's gear list:kitanaka's gear list
Nikon D500 Olympus E-M1 II Nikon Z50 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 300mm f/2.8G ED-IF VR Nikon 200-500mm F5.6E ED VR +1 more
Nikon Z50
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow