Best ultrawide video in low light?

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
2eyesee Senior Member • Posts: 2,308
Best ultrawide video in low light?

I'm interested in what smartphones have the best ultrawide video in low light.

The reason being is that most phones do a decent enough job with video and stills in full daylight. In low light stills, computational photography overcomes the small sensor sizes by processing multiple images - but video is more of a challenge here and the limitations of small sensors are going to become more apparent in video.

Why I'm more interested in ultrawide performance is that stabilisation tends to crop at lot (at least on my P40 Pro it does), so I tend to like to use the ultrawide focal length. Also ultrawide sensors are smaller than the main sensor, so they suffer more in low light.

I'm thinking the best smartphones for ultrawide video in low light would be ones with relatively large sensors on the ultrawide, like the OnePlus 9 Pro, Oppo Find X3 Pro.

My P40 Pro also fits into the category of a relatively large ultrawide sensor, but the quality is awful for stills and 1080p video, and I don't want to be forced to shoot 4K.

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow