Outlook email enjoys deleting my messages as I'm writing them

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
KJC Regular Member • Posts: 205
Outlook email enjoys deleting my messages as I'm writing them

My employer (every employer) uses this, so I have no choice.

I have a long list of grievances about this, but the most pressing one is:

WHY does it delete my messages as I'm typing them? Previously, the auto-fill, auto-suggest thing was causing me all kinds of hassles, including deleting entire sentences and entire paragraphs while I am typing them. At other times it REFUSES to let me type certain letters or characters.

I disabled all that garbage (which is of course enabled by default) and these problems disapeared.

However, NOW it has taken to just deleting entire messages while I'm in the middle of typing. I have even gotten into the habit of saving the drafts periodically to have a backup. USUALLY, but not always, I can find the un-sent draft in my drafts folder.

Now, I just spent 15 minutes typing a message and BOOM! GONE! Nowhere to be found! Not in my drafts folder or sent folder, just gone up Microsoft's black hole.

It is not my PC or keyboard or browser--I NEVER have these problems with any other software other than Outlook

Our IT people admit that this program--at least the web version--is an unmitigated disaster and a disgrace. Their only solution is to use the stand-alone app, which I tried--but this seems to be a PITA also.

Can anyone suggest what I can do?

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow