Brick and mortar delivered Z9

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
81258606 Regular Member • Posts: 266
Brick and mortar delivered Z9

Got my Z9 yesterday. I had listed with B&H, Paul’s photo, and two brick and mortar in Northern Virginia. Ace Photo in Ashburn, VA came thru first. I got on their list mid-day, the day after the announcement and they said I was about #15 at the time. After getting the box, I then cancelled my other orders although one that required a deposit did not offer to return my funds so I used it toward a Z lens.

Took it out this cold morning. I mainly shoot birds and there are limited subjects about now. I mainly wanted to test the auto focus modes. I’m coming from a D500 so there is some learning. The Z9 is noticeably heavier and the viewfinder does not look as nice to me as the optical on the D500.

I was able to get on flying birds easier and I’d say a toss-up on the perched birds. I can go to faster shutter speeds on the Z9 without much noise degradation.

I think I’ll really like the Z9 once I adapt. I was shooting today with a 500mm f/4 with FTZII and tc 1.4III.

I think my keeper rate will be much higher with birds in flight and similar with perched birds. Got a shot of a young bald eagle.

Nikon D500 Nikon Z9
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow