Olympus Pen-F vs E-PL10?

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
sirhawkeye64 Veteran Member • Posts: 8,050
Olympus Pen-F vs E-PL10?

So I started another thread regarding lenses for Olympus m4/3 as i think this is a system I'm going to buy a camera in: https://www.dpreview.com/forums/post/65870665

But my question now is the differences between the E-PL10 and the Pen-F.  I see the Pen-F has a higher-resolution, although it is a bit older, and it has an EVF.  16 vs 20MP isn't a huge deal to me (as this will mainly be used for street and weekend photo walks in the park so I don't plan to print larger than perhaps 8x10 in most cases so the 16MP is fine (I'm mainly looking for a pocket sized camera as my Nikons are too large to be carried in a pocket obviously).

Thoughts on the E-PL10?  I'm trying to keep the entire budget around/under $1000 including a lens (which I may go with the 14-42 II for now).  I was originally looking at the M10 Mark III or IV because it has the EVF but sort of like the form factor of the E-PL10 and PenF (no EVF hump in the middle).

-- hide signature --

(NOTE: If I don't reply to a direct comment in the forums, it's likely I unsubscribed from the thread.)

sirhawkeye64's gear list:sirhawkeye64's gear list
Nikon Z6 II Nikon Z7 II GoPro Hero8 Black Nikon Z 50mm F1.8 Nikon Z 14-30mm F4 +10 more
Leica M10 Olympus PEN-F
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
MNE
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow