Information on Nikon Microflex PFM (microscope to slr camera system)

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Sanderguy777 New Member • Posts: 23
Information on Nikon Microflex PFM (microscope to slr camera system)

I recently restored an old Nikon Model S (from the 60s or 70s) I think.

Anyway, I want to take pictures with it, and ended up buying a Nikon Microflex PFM (adapter from the microscope to the camera basically. It does things with the image and light so it looks better, and also adds a less violent shutter, so images at high magnification aren't blurry.)

The issue is that I'm not sure of the parts and accessories I need. The internet has barely anything on these, and Ebay sellers seems to not know what they have, and apparently have no means of testing it either (not their fault, but it doesn't help my situation).

Do any of you have any information on this system? There were 3 models the AFM (fully automatic exposure etc), the PFM and FMF or EFM (I'm not sure which are which, or if the FMF was just my brain being tired. The PFM  and EFM/FMF were semi automatic and fully manual.) There were also several variations of "camera" mount. Some adapters apparently existed for 35mm, Polaroid, large format, etc. There were 7 in all.

I just want ANY information anyone might have. I'm specifically looking for what mount I need for a camera to mount to it (preferably 35mm, so I can then adapt it to my Sony a7iii easily). Manuals, schematics, exploded views, etc.

Do I need a remote shutter?

What mount did it use?

What part numbers should I look for?

Does anyone here USE one?

Thank you all for any help. I am in a photography class and would LOVE to be able to use this in it. Thanks

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow