Pentax lenses on 44 x 33

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Michael Floyd Contributing Member • Posts: 728
Pentax lenses on 44 x 33

I hear reliable rumour that there are a few here who shoot regularly with Pentax lenses. I thought it might be worthy to have a thread dedicated to thoughts, information and images from these lenses.

I nearly called the thread 'Pentax lenses adapted', then realised that of course they can also be used natively in this brand agnostic forum. So of course it is the lenses that define the thread.

I assume most will be using the P645 lenses as well as some 67 lenses, I'd like to also include K-mount lenses, as I have at least a couple that stand up very well indeed to the 645 offerings.  And by all means, if there's a different brand lens that performs above the Pentax offering, throw in a comparison and shine light where it is deserved.

-

First little offering from me: a recommendable and affordable P645 > GFX adaptor.

I ordered my adaptor before my camera was in my hands and was a little taken aback by the cost of the recognised brands. I bought a cheap one 'just to get started'. As it turns out it is very well made indeed, needed no tuning whatsoever, has nice solid bayonet fittings, a great ribbed textured matt internal finish and measures accurate in length all around the circle at exactly 0.06mm short. I completely disassembled and reassembled mine and found nothing unwelcome.   https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/324586399252

-

Here's an image:  shot with the P645 150/3.5 on my 50r.   Not sure what possessed me to focus on the near rocks and splashes, nevertheless the slightly out of focus breaking wave appeals to me, even if the effect was unintentional.

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow