my husband, a dedicated DSLR user, converts to m4/3

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
patticake Senior Member • Posts: 1,253
my husband, a dedicated DSLR user, converts to m4/3

as i've worked my way through years of mirrorless cameras, my husband has remained a staunch DLSR user, mostly canon and pentax. he was a canon guy before there was a D on SLR.

my rented E-M5 ii arrived today. i was working, so i asked him to take it out around our complex and see what he thought.

well, he was gone quite a while, arriving back with more pics on the card than i've ever seen him take in 3 days. he's usually a very definite photograph, doesn't shoot unless he's really feeling it - on a 3 hours trip to the marina, he usually comes home with 7 to 10 pics - today he shot over 30, and such a variety.

i asked him about all the pics, and he said that the E-M5 ii made taking pictures fun. after playing with the camera some more, he's decided to trade his pentax and lenses toward an E-M5 ii. and although he has to get up at 3 am, he's stayed up for an hour and a half reading the manual LOL he just came out to tell me about the camera's features. he never did that with a DSLR!

btw, i'm very impressed with the camera, as well.  i hand-held a clear shot at 1/6th of a second, and another turned out decently at 1/2.5th.  i love the colors, and what a great EVF!

-- hide signature --
 patticake's gear list:patticake's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-ZS50 Nikon Coolpix P610 Canon EOS Rebel SL1 Canon EF-S 55-250mm f/4-5.6 IS STM +1 more
Olympus E-M5 II
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow