Question regarding ISO settings

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Ozark Bill New Member • Posts: 20
Question regarding ISO settings

Hi everyone.

I'm almost a month R5 owner and am still getting my settings and customizations the way I want them. I shoot primarily full manual, but will shoot in auto ISO 10-20% of the time. I really appreciate having the third dial for ISO but there is an inconvenience that I am hoping someone can tell me if there is a work around.

In the dSLR (i.e. 7D mkii), I was used to being able to move from  auto ISO into a manually chosen value easily. With the R5, I can move the dial at any time, of course, and it comes off of auto ISO. However, it doesn't stay where I put it for long and pretty quickly moves back to auto. To remove it from auto, I need to go into the dial function and move it to the value I want that way. Not a huge deal but it does require a button push or two followed by moving one or more dials.

My question is, is there a way to move from auto to a value of my choosing just by moving the ISO thumb dial and having it stick until I move it back to auto?

Thanks and I hope this makes sense.

Canon EOS 7D Canon EOS R5
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow