Ephotozine Review: Z 100-400/4.5-5.6 S VR

Started Jan 25, 2022 | Discussions thread
Leonard Shepherd Forum Pro • Posts: 24,292
Re: Ephotozine Beware - Poor testing protocols…

kenw wrote:

RazorSharpWO wrote:

EPHOTOZINE REVIEW

The first real review came out on the much-talked-about Z 100-400/4.5-5.6 S VR lens.

I’m not sure I’d call anything from that site a “real review” as their MTF results are frankly notorious for their inconsistency.

It does not have the maximum score according to ephotozine of the 24-120 S

https://www.ephotozine.com/article/nikkor-z-24-120mm-f-4-s-lens-review-35864/verdict

To save anybody searching the site the 24-120 S at just over 5,000 maximum score seems their highest lens score so far for any Nikon lens they have so far tested.

I own the 24-120 S and rate it highly at the wide end.

Even so mine is not better than my 50mm f1.2 S or my 24-70 f2.8 S at their optimum.

In my correspondence with ephotozine the attitude of the tester is the figures are what they are.

At best I consider they are occasionally open to some doubt, and occasionally they seem not to stand up to any reasonable scrutiny.

-- hide signature --

Leonard Shepherd
In lots of ways good photography is much more about how equipment is used rather than anything else.

Leonard Shepherd's gear list:Leonard Shepherd's gear list
Nikon Z9 Nikon AF-S Micro-Nikkor 60mm F2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 300mm f/2.8G ED-IF VR Nikon AF Micro-Nikkor 200mm f/4D ED-IF Nikon AF-S Teleconverter TC-17E II +22 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow