Zoom lens dilemma

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Och Elo Regular Member • Posts: 307
Zoom lens dilemma

Trying to get a zoom lens or two to pair with my Z5 for travel. I am thinking of the following options:

(1) 28-75 f/2.8 + 24-200 : I probably wouldn't even carry these around. I'd take the 24-200 during the day and leave the 28-75 in the hotel. And vice a versa at night for low light. I don't think even both of these lenses would take up too much room in a bag, if I wanted to take both for whatever reason. Feel like this could be a versatile kit. Esp because Z5's low light performance plus IBIS makes f/2.8 fast enough for most anything.

(2) 24-70 f/2.8 : Going for ultimate IQ in a 1 lens solution. I do lose versatility though and I wonder if for vacation shots I need the ultimate IQ this would give me.

(3) 24-120 f/4 : I think this splits the difference between the 28-75 and 24-200. Constant f/4 is nice, but when the light goes out I like f/2.8. I have 2 small primes (28mm and 40mm) that I could take too. Another small con is 28-75 or 24-200 individually seem slightly be noticeably smaller/lighter than the 24-120 by itself.

Also would leave some room in my budget to add another lens, maybe one of the S-line primes?

So, which option would be best?

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow