Laowa 4mm fisheye - losing the top and bottom edges

Started 4 months ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
DonBMichigan Junior Member • Posts: 26
Laowa 4mm fisheye - losing the top and bottom edges

I recently bought a used Laowa 4mm fisheye, and it's super weird and fun. Looking closer at my photos, I noticed the top and bottom are getting cut off so the full circle effect is lost there. I get the same result with an E-M10.ii and E-M1.ii.

I found a review online where the reviewer was using a pre-release version of the lens, and he was having this problem with his still images. He said Laowa was going to fix it before it released. Then I saw another review that showed images with the same issue. I'm thinking it wasn't just an early release issue.

Anyone have this lens in MFT and having this problem? I hate to think there's some setting I'm missing in the camera...

Thanks.

Don

DonBMichigan's gear list:DonBMichigan's gear list
Olympus OM-D E-M10 II Olympus E-M1 II Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 60mm F2.8 Macro Tamron 14-150mm F/3.5-5.8 Di III Olympus 12-100mm F4.0 +2 more
ANSWER:
Olympus E-M1 Olympus E-M1 II Olympus OM-D E-M10 Olympus OM-D E-M10 II Venus Laowa 4mm F2.8 Fisheye MFT
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow