What a bargain - 14mm GM

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Wordsmith9091 Contributing Member • Posts: 631
What a bargain - 14mm GM

I'd been poking around on everyone's favorite auction site for 14MM GMs, not taking very seriously the prospect of finding a good deal, since it's such a new lens. I saw one without hoods or caps for $1,300 and put it on my watch list.

I offered the seller something like 1,200 and got (unsurprisingly) rejected.

A few days later, I got an offer from the same seller for $1,020 -- one of those offers sent to everyone ebay noticed was interested in a listing. I jumped on it. I was deeply skeptical, thinking there had to be something wrong with it (that's a $1,600 lens new), but the seller had a good feedback record.

It showed up today, with an insane amount of careful padding and packaging in the box. I bought a rubber cap that fits over the built-in hood just fine, and one of the Haida rear filter sets (arrived a few days ago). I've only poked around the house with it so far, taking shots of my keyboard and cat to test sharpness ... but so far, so good. Great cosmetic condition, no signs of scratches or dust, no signs of anything not working ...

Be sure to rub my head if you'd like to play lottery this week.

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow