Just tested the EM5.3 in a snowstorm!

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Yannis1976
Yannis1976 Veteran Member • Posts: 5,528
Just tested the EM5.3 in a snowstorm!

And it performed mostly well. I had it for about two hours hanging on my side while snow and cold were hitting her furiously!! About 50% of the kit (EM5.3+12-100) was covered by snow and ice but it never ceased to work! My only complaint was that EVF was covered by snow and then ice and the sensor wasn't allowing the LCD to work. In the end I couldn't use the EVF as it was covered by ice and couldn't revert to LCD as well!!

Photos below are pp in LR and no de-noise software was applied. The 12-100 OIS worked fantastically keeping the ISO down where possible, but on the other hand where I needed to capture some movement the m43 sensor showed its limits.

And again I had some issues working as smoothly with the PASM mode (vs the Fuji) as I wanted. I think I need to practice more, as in more challenging conditions, I still find the Fuji dials faster.

Yannis1976's gear list:Yannis1976's gear list
Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R Fujifilm XF 16-80mm F4 Fujifilm XF 70-300 F4-5.6 R LM OIS WR
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow