Wifi Adapter

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Victor Engel Forum Pro • Posts: 19,991
Wifi Adapter

I'm thinking of getting some sort of wifi adapter that the camera thinks is either an SD card or a CF card. My main use would be in conjunction with Zerene focus stacking software so that I can get previews before I start a stack without having to run back and forth to the camera, whose display likely shows a less than perfect preview. Any recommendations? Any items to avoid?
I see Canon has one, but the information I have seems to require using the Canon EOS Utility. I'll be using Zerene at the time to control the camera, so really all I want is for the output to be pushed somewhere I can see it. It looks like Eye-Fi is designed with that in mind, but it doesn't seem to have very good reviews.
I have a Cam Ranger, but it's really slow, limited by the USB connection. And I also think it wouldn't work in conjunction with Zerene.
Any other suggestions?

-- hide signature --

Victor Engel

Victor Engel's gear list:Victor Engel's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Canon EOS 5D Mark II Canon EOS 600D Canon EOS 5DS Canon EF 50mm F1.8 II +13 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow