X-S10 distance between the grip and a lens

Started 4 months ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Alex SP Regular Member • Posts: 118
X-S10 distance between the grip and a lens

Hey everyone. I had my eyes on the X-S10 for quite some time but one thing that really makes this camera so desirable is at the same time the thing I worry about the most. The grip. Having a great grip is something I didn't expect myself to miss since my DSLR days, so this is a huge advantage for me. At the same time I often find people complaining about the distance between the grip and the lens to be too small, with fingers rubbing on aperture ring and overall feeling uncomfortable.

Of course it all depends on the lenses and on the size of hands. I'd say my hands are a bit larger than average, large enough to worry about this at least. I laid my eyes on the 16-80 but even with this lens some people report to have trouble. I've watched a ton of photos and videos and in some of them it looks like there can't be enough room, while in others it looks perfectly fine. Some people carry this camera with even bigger lenses and it doesn't look like they have any issues at all.

There is no dedicated camera store in my area and even if there was one, this camera is only available for preorder, so there really is no way for me to try it out before the purchase.

I don't think I'll go for something as large as 16-55 or 8-16, but I don't want something of 16-80 or 10-24 size to be a problem.

So a question to people who used this camera with 16-80 and any other average to large lenses - is it comfortable enough? If your fingers end up rubbing the lens, is it just a little annoyance that happens once a day or bad enough to be a deal breaker?

Alex SP's gear list:Alex SP's gear list
Fujifilm X-E3 Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS
ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow