Lets discuss this shot

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Fishchris
Fishchris Veteran Member • Posts: 5,770
Lets discuss this shot

first off, this shot is quite unusual for me, as I was "not" setting up to do landscapes, but rather, setting up for a day of birding, hence the reason this shot was shot @ 210 mm (the widest I could go, with my Sigma 150-600mm + 1.4 TC) Also, it was not made from a bracketed set, although I did run this single frame through Aurora, sticking with pretty close to natural settings.

As for focus, does it bother you that the tules in the foreground are not sharp ? Ordinarily, this might bother me, but not so much in this shot... I'm not even sure how sharp the distant trees are, because of the haze / fog ? ..... Do you think a narrower F stop would have helped ? Heck, I could have easily gone narrower, as with my camera set to auto ISO, it still only went to ISO of 250.

Anyway, one things for sure, even if I'm actually setup for birding, this totally reminded me that handheld landscapes, with my long lens are "not" out of the question

PS, I did actually do one landscape pano, using four tiles, made from bracketed sets of 5 (inevitably somebody will say, the brackets were not needed.... but just let me have my darn fun and with my window mount tripod. This made a 130mp image which I wish I could show you full sized. Oh, very little ghosting issue with the moving birds either, which were easily touched up. Let me see how large I can post it.... Birds all over it ;)... two In flight Hawks, an IF Egret, Hawk in the tree, Geese, Ducks, etc.

Really I'm just getting started with my new Canon R5 and Sigma 150-600, but really loving its capabilities so far

-- hide signature --

Photos are my paintings. The camera is my brush.
Website
www.LightInEveryCorner.com
DPreview gallery; http://www.dpreview.com/galleries/5075216809
No time or attention given for negativity or trolls.

Fishchris's gear list:Fishchris's gear list
Canon EOS 6D Canon EOS R5 Canon EF 400mm f/5.6L USM Canon EF 16-35mm F2.8L II USM Canon EF 70-300mm f/4-5.6L IS USM +2 more
Canon EOS R5
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow