Canon dual fisheye tech requirements

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
William Woodruff Contributing Member • Posts: 948
Canon dual fisheye tech requirements

For starters, I am, and mostly always have been a still photo guy, so please try to keep responses country-boy simple, so that I can understand them.

I have a couple of situations that, I think, might really translate well to 3D presentation.  To that end, I am considering renting the Canon Dual-Fisheye VR lens.  My question, simply stated, is what else (and at what expense) do I need to get to view the resulting VR imagery?  The idea is that I would like to try this, but I don't want to break the bank on this experiment.  (If it works out, I can go big later.)

Obviously (well, I think it is obvious, but I could be wrong), I will need some kind of 3D VR headset to view the finished video.  What does it take to be compatible with the output from this lens/software?

And speaking of software, what do I need to process the files?  I assume that the basic processing software comes with the lens.  Or not?  What else?

And how much computer do I need to process the files?  My three-year old laptop?  A Cray supercomputer?  Something in between?

Thanks for any helpful input, this is all uncharted territory for me.

-- hide signature --

WLW

William Woodruff's gear list:William Woodruff's gear list
Canon EOS M Canon EOS R Canon EOS R5
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow