LR Classic, Virtual copies, and XMP files

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
sirhawkeye64 Veteran Member • Posts: 7,974
LR Classic, Virtual copies, and XMP files

When you are working with Virtual Copies in LR Classic, can you save the edits of that specific virtual copy to an XMP file to be read by ACR?

A bit of history (may or may not matter for this sake of this question....: I'm currently using ACR, and moved away from LR Classic about a year ago because I found the importing process to be a waste of time, as I work (usually) on one or two images at a time, and never really found the advantages of LR to be of much use for my workflow. But now that I'm doing some printing, I'm considering going back but want to get a few things figured out before I do switch back (I can get over the import process taking time after a shoot -- as you only do it once, so the benefits outweight the drawbacks I guess at this point).

But anyway, I learned fairly early on to use XMP files even within LR in case the catalog gets corrupted (and you don't have a recent backup or if you wanted to edit the file later in ACR for some reason, so I leave the XMP files option turned on in the LR settings -- I'm using an SSD as well so it doesn't impact performance that much.   But I was curious as to how it handles this with VC's or if it even can write an XMP file from a VC.

-- hide signature --

(NOTE: If I don't reply to a direct comment in the forums, it's likely I unsubscribed from the thread.)

sirhawkeye64's gear list:sirhawkeye64's gear list
Nikon Z6 II Nikon Z7 II GoPro Hero8 Black Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6G VR II Nikon Z 50mm F1.8 +11 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow