Anyone moved to Sony from different brand?

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
memo90061 Contributing Member • Posts: 967
Anyone moved to Sony from different brand?

Hello,

I've been thinking about Sony bodies lately because of the lens selection. My favorite cameras are the Olympus E-M1 Mark III and the Panasonic S5. I sold Olympus because I wanted better image quality, but the IBIS allowed me to keep ISO under 1600.

I really love the Panasonic S5, but I wish it was lighter and I want smaller light lenses. Currently use it with a Sigma 24mm F3.5. It's a very nice and small combo, but I want a wider prime or small wide zoom lens.

I see that Sony has the Tamron 17-28mm and Rokinon has a 18mm prime. I think I would buy one of those with maybe the Sony 40mm F2.5. I just wish the LCD screens were higher res/ I got used to the LCD screen on the S5. It's so good! I don't use the EVF, so I don't care about the resolution on that. I think I'm in the minority and use the LCD when taking pictures which makes me think about the a7RIIIA. I know the a7C and a7rIIIA are different bodies, but I've seen them used for around the the same price. Well a 200 dollar difference between them. Which one would you choose? Or would you save for a a7 IV?

memo90061's gear list:memo90061's gear list
Olympus E-M1 Panasonic Lumix DC-S5
Panasonic Lumix DC-S5 Sony a7
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow