Telezoom for landscape

Started 9 months ago | Discussions thread
nordic_shooter Forum Member • Posts: 55
Re: Telezoom for landscape

limbo8 wrote:

Now, picking the wide-angle is quite easy but there’s two Fuji telezooms im considering:

XF55-200 (70-300 equivalent): bit more wide-angle and cheaper

XF70-300 (100-450 equivalent): more zoom for detailed landscape shots (mountain peaks, misty forests), better image quality

Now my question is what would be the better choice? It seems the XF70-300 is the better lens but im slightly concerned about the 35mm to 100mm gap. Do you believe this difference to be crucial (70mm vs 100mm) and do you believe panorama shots could compensate for this?

Slightly confusing mixing 35mm focal lenghts and the true APS-C focal lenghts, but anyway: I have done several trips with the 10-24 and 50-140. The gap didn't really bother me that much (or at all I would say). I would however like to replace the 50-140 with a 55-200 to get something lighter. If you really want something in the middle get the 35mm f2 fujicron.

If you have the gap between 24 and 55mm (aps-c), then I find that usually you can get creative with either 24 or 55mm and get a shot anyway.

nordic_shooter's gear list:nordic_shooter's gear list
Nikon D200 Nikon D700 Fujifilm X-T3 Panasonic Lumix DC-S5
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow