Instax with 4x5" and Hasselblad 500 CM

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
The Light Stalker
The Light Stalker Contributing Member • Posts: 915
Instax with 4x5" and Hasselblad 500 CM

I'm still cutting my teeth on these two new animals, getting mixed results. In the long run, I do foresee getting acceptable results, however. Granted the subject matter isn't very good but I thought there might be a few folks that would be interested in using Instax Fuji Instant Film.

The 4x5" camera used the Lomographlok Instant Back, it's pretty nice and motorized also, complete with darkslide. The website is here.

The Hasselblad used a completely manual 3D printed film cassette, their website is here. If you hand crank it evenly and gently you can get pretty good results. The major downsides for me are no film advance motor and no darkslide. With no darkslide available you're stuck using Instax until the film holder is empty unless you have a changing bag I guess.

The 4x5" takes Instax Wide while the Hasselblad takes Instax Mini. Both are rated at 800 ISO.

All images were scanned with the Epson Perfection V850 scanner, all cropped with some borders left intact, and with no post-processing.

Bangkok, perhaps a little underexposed.

Buddha Mountain

Koh Larn Island

I'm not sure where the left and right colors on the image came from.

Koh Larn Island with the Hasselblad, Instax Mini.

Note the light leaks on the left side caused by removing the adapter mid-roll, wasting a shot, and reinstalling it.

Wat Nong Yai

The Light Stalker

The Light Stalker's gear list:The Light Stalker's gear list
Hasselblad X1D II 50C Canon EOS R5 Canon EF 50mm f/1.2L USM Canon EF 500mm f/4.0L IS USM Canon EF 100mm F2.8L Macro IS USM +24 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow