X-E4 Travel Kit w/Tamron 18-300 Kauai Trip

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
GreatOceanSoftware
GreatOceanSoftware Contributing Member • Posts: 675
X-E4 Travel Kit w/Tamron 18-300 Kauai Trip

This is a follow up on my twin XE-4 travel kit, with some sample photos from our Kauai trip. The original post is here:

Whew! Travel kit complete.

I couldn't be happier with the kit, and the Tamron lens performed beautifully. I don't miss the XF 18-135 that it replaced at all. I was able to use the full range of this lens, and also some macro shots.

As for the XF-10-24, it performed as usual, but there were about 5 instances where I wished that I had my XF 8-16. But that's the whole point of the lighter weight travel kit, and I don't regret leaving those shots behind.

I'll break the photo set apart into separate posts. Most are from the Tamron, since it's a new lens with the most interest. A WORD OF CAUTION: Do not judge the sharpness of this lens based on these photos. Some are processed with intentional blur, added vignette, and other filters that affect sharpness. And some photos are selectively "spot sharpened" to focus attention on certain details. Please see the professional reviews and samples to judge technical performance. But I love this lens. It's definitely a keeper.

-- hide signature --

Randy

GreatOceanSoftware's gear list:GreatOceanSoftware's gear list
Fujifilm X-T3 Fujifilm X-E4 Fujifilm XF 18mm F2 R Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS Fujifilm XF 100-400mm F4.5-5.6 OIS WR +7 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow