Panasonic LUMIX DC-G9 : can't select AFC anymore

Started 4 months ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
bravelandman New Member • Posts: 2
Panasonic LUMIX DC-G9 : can't select AFC anymore

Hi,

I can't change autofocus to AFC mode anymore.

1/ When I turn the lever to AFC, I get a message : "Switch to AFS".  And on the monitor, it mentions 'AFS' as the current AF mode (although the button is physically on AFC).

2/ Furthermore, in the menu (in both stills and video settings) the menu-item 'AFS/AFF'  on the first page is greyed-out. I can see that AFS is selected - but I can't change it into AFF if I would like to to so. If I click on the greyed-out menu item, I get : "This menu item can't be set"

3/ and in Stills settings, the menu item 'AF Custom Setting (Photo) is also greyed out - so I can't fine-tune the AFC settings as explained in the 'LUMIX_AF_Guidebook_1809.pdf' on the Panasonic site. Clicking on the greyed-out item, gives : 'This item cannot be set in the current mode - Focus Mode AFS'.

Anyone an idea how I can recover the AFC mode?

Kind regards,

Mathieu

bravelandman's gear list:bravelandman's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-G7 Panasonic Lumix DC-G9 Panasonic 20mm F1.7 II Panasonic Leica 100-400mm F4.0-6.3 ASPH Panasonic Leica 12-60mm F2.8-4.0 ASPH
ANSWER:
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow