90d Has Af Issues After Falling

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
OlcayK
OlcayK Forum Member • Posts: 62
90d Has Af Issues After Falling

Hi,

I fell 8n my lens mounted to my camera. The camera actually didnt take the hit the lens did. The lens was Sigma 150-600 C. At first I thought the lens was broken but I tried it on a different body it works fine. I also sent it to repair they also sait the lens works fine. So it must be the camera.

Let me explain the issue. I can't focus from close distance to infinity. Af simply doesnt work. But if I manually asist, I mean to a close point manually then the af works fine. But the lens is at infinity or beyond 20 meters for example and I want to focus something close lets say 6 meters, it doesnt move. Nothing. It behaves like I'm in manuel focus mode. You know the Sigma lens has focusing window where you see how far you focus. And when you press the shutter it moves from close fistance to infinity and back also. It never moves like I'm in manual focus mode. Af only works when I manually bring the focus somewhere close.

Unfornutely I dont have another lens to check the focus but before falling it worked fine without a problem. Is there a way to fix the issue. The camera is undwr warranty but if its something I can fix with reset or something please tell me. Sorry for the long post.

OlcayK's gear list:OlcayK's gear list
Sony a6400 Sigma 150-600mm F5-6.3 DG DN OS
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow