A product idea for Sony: 1.5kg scaled-up RX10M4

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Booted Cat
Booted Cat Senior Member • Posts: 2,197
A product idea for Sony: 1.5kg scaled-up RX10M4

If Sony can scale up the RX10M4 by 50% in size and weight to a 1.5kg variant (just like Nikon scaled up its P900 by 50% to the P1000), either the sensor can be larger, or the focal range may go 24-800mm, or there may be more megapixels (e.g. for cropping). Each of these improvements can become a separate model.

I like the idea of the RX10M4 very much: a large-sensor camera for a generalist (who wants both the wide angle end for general photography and the telephoto end for BIF, etc.). I'm currently studying BIF solutions, and online searches strongly suggest mirrorless solutions as they're replacing DSLRs. I know Sony is the leader in mirrorless and the a6600 is a frequently recommended APS-C mirrorless for BIF, but an associated BIF lens, e.g. Sigma 100-400, is unlikely to have a wide-angle end, which violates my "generalist" premise. I know I can buy a wide-angle lens to cover wide angle, but that leads to the convenience and portability problems.

So, I find the idea of a scaled-up RX10M4 worth consideration by Sony.

Booted Cat's gear list:Booted Cat's gear list
Nikon Coolpix P1000 Canon PowerShot SX740 HS Nikon Coolpix A1000 +1 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow