A7R3 focus modes in video

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNext
Flat view
clarnibass Senior Member • Posts: 2,379
A7R3 focus modes in video

Hi

I'm going to video a friend's performance (actually a run before the actual performance). I've been taking stills of concerts and performances for maybe a couple of decades. I've been doing video for a few years but only using manual focus and not really anything like a concert/performance.

I'm thinking of using auto focus in this case and wondering what are the best settings. It's going to be five people, moving a little bit in a small area (they aren't going to move more than maybe a meter each). I will probably sort of move around them and a little towards them and back.

We can have a few tries and I can practice before, but trying to narrow down the settings before. Modes, speed of changing focus, using the screen to touch focus if possible in video(?), etc.
I'm concerned auto focus might focus on the background etc. but since it will be hand held without any equipment, manually focusing is a bit too much. I don't think there is face/eye recognition in video...?

Thanks for any suggestions.

Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow