Considering moving on from my D850

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
BruinRogue New Member • Posts: 10
Considering moving on from my D850

Had my D850 since its release and it's served me so well over the past few years. But lately, the weight and size has been getting a little unwieldy probably because I'm getting older! The bulk is probably why I won't be looking at the z9 (though it is a really nice ML).

Right now, most of my photos are both landscape and Disney dark rides, a sprinkling of wedding and portraits here and there. Eventually, when theaters open up, I'll probably continue being asked to shoot for performers and troupes (usually during dress rehearsals so shutter sound isn't as big an issue).

I've been looking at the z7II for a while. I even gave it a test run in October which was fine although the trial run didn't include any of my usual environments. Has any recent z7II firmware allowed it to catch up to the D850 as far as low light and/or fast moving object auto-focus? Or should I just wait and keep lugging the D850 around for a while?

BruinRogue's gear list:BruinRogue's gear list
Nikon D850 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 14-24mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 85mm F1.4G Sigma 35mm F1.4 DG HSM Art Nikon 24-70mm F2.8E ED VR +5 more
Nikon D850 Nikon Z7 II
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow