Leica M11 Sensor Measurements at PhotonsToPhotos

Started 10 months ago | Discussions thread
jjcha Regular Member • Posts: 216
Re: Leica M11 Sensor Measurements at PhotonsToPhotos

I'm looking very far down the line - e.g., ISO25,600 and comparing against the old M10, since your chart doesn't go that far down for the M10-P.

I'm assuming the M10-P was slightly worse than the M10, though I'm not sure exactly why that would be the case.

But further down the line, at ISO25,600 is 4.13 for the M11 vs 3.71 for the M10, so 0.42 in difference.

At that end of the scale, my photographs, which are shot at night under poor lighting conditions at F4.0 or F5.6, really are pushing it as to what's "acceptable" with the noise and lack of dynamic range.

A third to half a stop of improvement, for me at least, might, depending on the processing, keep a photo from completely falling apart by being able to recover just a little more depth and being that slightly bit less noisy.

It always felt with the M10-P, for my photos, it was fighting to get the benefits of that last 0.25 to 0.5 stop push of exposure, while not completely losing the fact that it was a photograph (and not falling apart into some comic book image.)

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow