HELP!!!! Please help!!

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
DukesyTV New Member • Posts: 7
HELP!!!! Please help!!

Hi all

Been doing my head in with what camera to get, I know its a tough call. but I would like a camera that's really good at pictures but I also like shooting some video.

I have been looking at the Canon R6 & R5 also now the R5c but I have no lenses so Sony could be an option.

I am hoping to get into portrait photography to earn some cash on the side but also want to shoot wildlife and action sports. I ride Mtb and fly model helicopters so it would be cool if I could get some photos and video of that from one camera.

I get put off a bit by the R6 being 20mp but not sure if that's just in my head. The over heating of the R5 & R6 shouldn't be a problem as I wont be recording for a long amount of time but it does annoy me hearing about these issues with expensive cameras.

I understand that to shoot decent video I will more than likely need a gimbal and I am aware there is not a perfect camera but I dont know what to go for.

I keep thinking of an R6 fully kitted out with a gimbal and all the lenses I need. Then I could even get EF lenses and an adapter I could also get a GH5 for video if needed or just use the R6? Would a GH5 be needed?

Or should I go for the R5 or R5C?

Should I get a few EF lenses or a RF lenses?

Would the R5c be good enough for wildlife photography?

Would the R5 or R6 IBIS be good enough to not need a gimbal?

or do I get an R6 and with the saved amount get a 4k camcorder?

So many options. Hope you can help

Canon EOS R5 Canon EOS R5 C Canon EOS R6 Panasonic GH5
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow