First shots with the Z 24-120/f4 S

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
pesieDP Junior Member • Posts: 45
First shots with the Z 24-120/f4 S

The big, local camerashop got two Z 24-120 lenses in stock today. After reading all the reviews so far, I got myself one today, as a replacement for my Z 24-200 lens (I hardly ever use the 140-200 zoom range and the IQ of the Z 24-200 has some limitations which resulted me grabbing the Z 24-70/f4 more often the last couple of months, despite it's limited zoom range). I took some test pictures this afternoon and I find the first results really satisfying (sharp - also in the corners, nice colors, like a Z 24-70/f4 with more zoom reach). Most of them were (by accident) originally taken as JPEG with the Z6, but nonetheless I wanted to share a couple for someone that is interested.

The Z 24-120 is a bit more heavy and bigger than the Z 24-70/f4, it's close to the Z 24-200 in weight and size. The location of the L-Fn button feels a bit odd for my left hand, which seems the result of the SmallRig attached to my Z6.

pesieDP's gear list:pesieDP's gear list
Nikon Z7 Nikon Z 50mm F1.8 Nikon Z 14-30mm F4 Nikon Z MC 105mm F2.8 VR S Nikon Z 40mm F2 +1 more
Nikon Z6
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow