Is it possible to be a Pro without doing weddings? (Landscapes, architecture, wildlife, underwater)

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
LightSource Forum Member • Posts: 72
Is it possible to be a Pro without doing weddings? (Landscapes, architecture, wildlife, underwater)

Im not necessarily asking because I want to be a pro. But my friend is and he does a lot of weddings and I cant think of anything more demanding and stressful.
Yet some seem to say you can be a professional in many of the other genres. I'd imagine demand for high quality architecture photographers are there and possibly for real estate. But what about the Art side, like street, portraits, wildlife, landscapes, underwater etc, is there any money in it now everybody seems to have a 500px or Flickr account, ie market is saturated with the advent of better access to quality digital.
I think it would be sad if the artists out there, the true photographers who hunt for the subject, if they cannot make a living let alone good money.
The more as IT guys develop AI solutions the more artistic jobs should be more in demand.

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
jfw
jfw
Bob
BAK
MOD Smaug01
jfw
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow