Patience is a virtue...

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
AlwynS Veteran Member • Posts: 4,100
Patience is a virtue...

... or so they say. Today I found that a ton of patience ceases to be a virtue and just becomes a chore. On my daily walk I came across a Bald Eagle in a tree next to the dyke.

It was a glorious sunny morning so I thought I would wait for it to fly off to get some take-off shots. So I waited, And waited. And WAITED! At one stage it was either cursing me or laughing at me!

And then of course some clouds started rolling in and the light started going. And STILL I waited. And an hour and 40 minutes later, FINALLY!

Certainly felt like too much of a good thing.

Half an hour later, on my way back home, I came across a Barn Owl right by our townhouse complex. The owl turned out to be much more accommodating! It flew by me a few times: this pass was too close, too fast and too dark against a busy background but it is what it is at ISO 1600. Not really the RX10's happy place...

It then flew off and a few minutes later cam and perched right by me!

And then it did a nice trick, standing on tiptoe when taking off.

Turned out to be a lovely walk, in spite of the stupidly long wait for the Eagle.

-- hide signature --

Cheers
Alwyn

AlwynS's gear list:AlwynS's gear list
Nikon Coolpix P610 Sony RX10 IV
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow