Considering adding a Sony RX100 for slow mo

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
orey10m Regular Member • Posts: 232
Considering adding a Sony RX100 for slow mo

I currently have a Panasonic gx85 and a few lenses and I use it for consumer level video... Like you tube videos and stuff. The main subject I shoot is fly fishing.

Here's some of my stuff:

https://m.youtube.com/channel/UClPRDNfklkyRCc_C5UndUbg

My camera has 4k24 and 1080p60, at sufficient bitrates for my uses. Actually, shots of water use a lot of data, right? and don't look that great

..I also have a GoPro 8black, same story. Water shots generally fall apart. But it has much higher slow mo options.

I also shoot with my iPhone SE quite a bit when I'm out there fly fishing. For slow mo I generally shoot at 1080p120. It also does 1080p240 but it's called "High efficiency" which I presume means less bit rate, so I don't use it much.

All this to say, I am somewhat considering adding a Sony point and shoot RX100, like the IV or V.

I like the used prices of these, as being around water so much I kinda have to keep my investment costs low in camera bodies. And I like small cameras because I have to carry them long distances and all day in my bag, along with all the other gear. In the slow mo arena though, I only feel like I'd really like to step up to 1080p120 or 4k60 ...not the crazy 460, 900 fps etc. that these cameras have.

So what do you think? Would a Sony RX100 be a good add for what /how I like to shoot?

Thanks for any input

-- hide signature --

my digital photography:
- flyfishingphotoproject.com -
fledgling new youtube channel:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UClPRDNfklkyRCc_C5UndUbg?view_as=subscriber

Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX8 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX85 Sony Cyber-shot DSC-RX10 Sony RX1 Sony RX100 Sony RX100 IV
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow