Upgrading from a6000

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Irishv New Member • Posts: 6
Upgrading from a6000

I’ve been using an a6000 as a hobbyist since 2015 and am looking to upgrade. It’s been a great camera, but showing its age. While initially looking at the a6600, I convinced myself to move to FF with the A7C.

Most of my shots are mostly travel/landscape/skylines, family around the house, and occasional astro. This year we’re planning a family trips to Disneyland and a couple national parks (Joshua Tree, Badlands) and I’d like to plan lens upgrades. My top two priorities for gear are weight (for travel) and fast autofocus (for kids/pets).

My current primary lenses are the Sony 18-135 and Sigma 30 f1.4. I also have the 20mm pancake, 55-210, and 16mm (with UW converter).

All that said, any lens recommendations to plan for? I was thinking of picking up  wide angle zoom + normal prime to start, while using my existing lenses in APS-C mode for a while. Should I consider the 28-60 kit lens at all?

My initial research is pointing me towards either the Sony 16-35 F4, 16-35 F2.8 GM, or Tamron 17-28 F2.8. Is the GM worth almost double either of the others (assuming bought used).

Sony a6000 Sony Vario-Tessar T* FE 16-35mm F4 ZA OSS
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow