Leica m11 shutter speed indication in the Viewfinder

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNext
Flat view
AcademyBear New Member • Posts: 1
Leica m11 shutter speed indication in the Viewfinder

Hi,

I received my m11 and overall it is very similar to my m10 with some changes. Most are good, some are a bit quirky.

What I find very strange is the m11 shutter speed indicator in the Viewfinder does not blink or not flash when the required shutter speed exceed 1/4000 (I selected Mechanical Shutter mode, not hybrid). On my m10, when set the shutter dial to A (Aperture mode) and when the required shutter speed exceed 1/4000, the red indicator in the viewfinder will blink or flash to warn that the shutter speed exceex 1/4000.

Does other m11 owners and users find the behavior or is it just my m11?

For clarity, this is my settings and scenario. Set m11 to Mechanical Shutter mode in the main menu. Find a light source that you k ow will result in shutter speed exceed 1/4000. See if the shutter speed indicator in the viewfinder blink or flash.

Inormally use very fast lenses on my m camera and it is possible for normal shooting to exceed 1/4000 at wide open alerture or at some iso setting. The blinking and flashing is useful so that I reduce the iso or stop down the lenses to, say f/4.

Thanks.

Leica M10
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow