S5 /DJI RSC2 tethering + release cable question

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNext
Flat view
Christian Unger
Christian Unger Regular Member • Posts: 162
S5 /DJI RSC2 tethering + release cable question

Hi

I'm using the Panasonic S5 on a DJI RSC2 gimbal and got a question about the remote trigger.

Currently I got the S5 connected via USB-C which works OK but has some disadvantages.

- with the RSC2 connected you only have 1 video stream left, e.g. Raveneye OR flip out screen (or external monitor/recorder). It would be great to have 2 options available, especially as you don't see any camera settings if you want clean HDMI out. Without the USB tether I could have camera settings shown on the LCD.

- I find the focus wheel a bit unresponsive using tethered focus via USB. If you turn too fast it may ignore the input completely and I have the impression it's not very consistent. With the S lenses and linear focus it works great using the follow focus motor from DJI though. So I'm planning to use the motor instead in the future.

- Occasionally the S5 freezes in tethered mode and I gotta remove the battery when this happens. Especially annoying if you're on a Custom mode and changed some settings during shoot and everything goes back to initial custom settings...

So the idea is to skip the USB C completely  as I wouldn't need it for focus pulling anyhow. I would loose the possibility to change camera settings via raveneye / mobile app but that's fine.

However, being able to start/stop recording would be a nice-to-have. DJI have a USB cable that goes into the normal camera remote shutter. Can anyone confirm if that would work with the S5/RSC2 or does anyone maybe have a better approach?

Thanks!

Christian Unger's gear list:Christian Unger's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DC-S5 DJI Pocket 2 Panasonic Lumix S 20-60mm F3.5-5.6 Panasonic Lumix S 85mm F1.8 Panasonic Lumix S 70-300 F4.5-5.6 Macro OIS +2 more
Panasonic Lumix DC-S5
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow