Started 4 months ago | Photos thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Morris0
Morris0 Forum Pro • Posts: 24,966
Photo of the day at Imaging Resource

My photo has been honored by The Imaging Resource

http://www.dailydigitalphoto.com/cgi-bin/potd/potd.pl?day=20&month=1&year=2022

The Backstory: When I arrived on the Long Island beach there were 6 others photographers set up facing a dune. I spotted the owl from the distance and walked behind the photographers who were about 100 feet from the owl. I had observed the direction the owl was facing and that was into the wind so I continued till I had the wind at my back as I was confident this would be the direction the owl would take off and possibly fly. After I planted my tripod, I adjusted my exposure and the owl started to move around and I got ready for it to launch which it did in less than a minute. I caught a number of photos as it passed me. It landed on the top of a sand control fence, an ugly spot and waited for it to blast off again and this is when I took this photo with it in bright sun and a dark cloud in the background.

Larger for your enjoyment

Morris

Morris0's gear list:Morris0's gear list
Fujifilm X-T3 Fujifilm XF 18-135mm F3.5-5.6 R LM OIS WR XF 90mm Fujifilm 50mm F2 R WR Nikon 500mm F5.6E PF +12 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
TJG
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow