Suggestions for best way to accurately reproduce color of floors in photo?

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Ian L Contributing Member • Posts: 845
Suggestions for best way to accurately reproduce color of floors in photo?

Hi All,

I usually do real estate photography. And typically colors don't need to be super accurate - it basically just needs to be close and look appealing. I normally try to get the colors pretty close to what was actually there but i might warm it up a bit to make it look more inviting etc.

Anyhow, the other day I had a shoot at house that had some new flooring installed and the company that makes the flooring wanted some photos. In this case they want an accurate representation of the color of the flooring. Fortunately almost all of the photos were done under natural lighting, so there isn't any issue of color casts from multiple light sources.

What I want to do is the get the flooring to be the correct color, but i also want to keep the color of the room overall looking good.

They are going to be sending me a sample of the flooring so I can use that to get an accurate color.

Any suggestions on how best to do this? I'm guessing I'll have to make a mask in PS to correct the color of the floor separate from everything else. Once I do that what would be the best way to get the color from the flooring sample and make sure i reproduce it in the photo?

Thanks for any suggestions

Ian L's gear list:Ian L's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Mark IV Nikon D850 Canon EF 17-40mm f/4.0L USM Nikon AF-S Nikkor 16-35mm F4G ED VR Tamron AF 70-300mm F/4-5.6 Di LD Macro +7 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow