Do I really need to consider?

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
photoholiko Veteran Member • Posts: 3,440
Do I really need to consider?

I bought a new camera early this month and with this pandemic  (and I'm sure like most of us) my photographic activities have slowed considerably. Even though I'm a gear head, I sometimes wonder if it would have been wiser to have one system with modern lenses to go with it, instead of using several brands.

I realize that's it's too late now, you get practically nothing on trade-ins and prices of new equipment has risen. I started thinking of what I would get if I decided and what will I be gaining. Nikon Zxx and Pan. S5 would be good candidates. I'm done with Canon. Maybe getting a kit lens and adapt my present lenses, that's what I did when I bought my A7II and that worked out well.

I would probably go for the S5, I've been drooling over that thing since it came out. So I made a side by side comparison with the S5 and A7II and noticed that there isn't much for me to gain by switching. The A7II lacks 4K but I'm not into movies and I have other cameras that do 4K. There are few other minor give and take things that would not impact me.

So I'm trying to convince myself to continue with the A7II since I am satisfied with the results. With the Canon lenses the AF is acceptable on the adapter and i can always upgrade that and it uses the same batteries as my prop Sony. My Nikon lenses are really MF only but I have a Nikon DSLR if I need AF.

In summary, I have a feeling that what I want is to have both. I'm a real sicko with no possible cure, I can practically schedule GAS attacks, I don't know how many tines I said, this is the last one, but it doesn't take me long to start looking around. I need help. I'm sorry if I wasted space on this forum with my rant. 2c anyone?

photoholiko's gear list:photoholiko's gear list
Canon EOS 400D Canon EF 100mm f/2.8 Macro USM Epson PhotoPC 850 Zoom Minolta DiMAGE 7 Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ200 +35 more
Panasonic Lumix DC-S5
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow