Which GenICam SDKs work with USB machine-vision cameras from multiple vendors?

Started 4 months ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNext
Flat view
fvdbergh2501 Contributing Member • Posts: 612
Which GenICam SDKs work with USB machine-vision cameras from multiple vendors?

Does anyone have any tips/advice/experience in getting cameras from multiple machine-vision vendors to work through a single SDK?

What I have learnt so far is that several of the vendors support the GenICam standard, but appear to ignore cameras from other vendors (see this table ).

Specifically, I am trying to get a Basler USB camera and an Allied Vision USB camera to work together on an arm64 platform. Basler's own Pylon software ignores the Allied Vision camera, and Allied Vision's Vimba ignores the Basler.

I have tried using harvester and Aravis , the two open-source SDKs with GenICam support, but I have run into problems:

• harvester appears to have a non-arm64 CPython dependency called "genicam", and I have not found the source for that yet
  • Aravis works well with the Basler, but cannot reliably grab frames from the Allied Vision camera. I have yet to reach out to the project for help, though.

So right now my best hope is for a free SDK from one of the other machine vision vendors that will work with any USB GenICam hardware. I have looked at Baumer's GAPI (crashes the AV camera), Matrix Vision's GenTL producer, and even CVB GenTL producer (Common Vision Blox, but I suspect this requires licensing), but no luck so far.

Does anyone know which other free SDKs I could look at, hopefully one that is known to work cameras from multiple vendors?

-Frans

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow