Z9 in the pipeline

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
benttop Regular Member • Posts: 123
Z9 in the pipeline

I am a hobbyist that started with Nikon when I bought the then new D500. Since I like to shoot with two cameras (one tele and one wide) I ended up with two D500’s, the fastest camera I have ever owned until now. But I wanted more pixels, so when I heard about the D850 coming, I lost patience and bought a D810. And of course, a D850 when they finally shipped. Somewhere in there I ran a concurrent experiment with mirrorless along the Fuji track, and I discovered mirrorless has things to offer that DSLRs simply cannot. So when the Z7 came out I bought one of those. The Z7 has been my number one since I got it, but my BIF keeper rate sagged with the Z7 so I’ve been waiting for something like the Z9 it seems like forever.

When I saw the email from Nikon that ordering was open for the Z9, I looked at a few of the videos the ambassadors had posted and I knew this was the one. I pushed the buy button on the email. My order confirmation from Nikon was dated October 28 at 12:59 PM. This morning’s emails included the text:

“The preorder item from your order is in stock and ready to ship. We will send another email in the next few business days with your shipping information. Thanks for your patience!”

So I expect by this time next week I should have my Z9. Woot!

-- hide signature --
 benttop's gear list:benttop's gear list
Fujifilm X100V Nikon D810 Nikon D500 Nikon D850 Nikon Z7 +8 more
Nikon D500 Nikon D810 Nikon D850 Nikon Z7 Nikon Z9
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow