Does XT-4 with new 1.4 R LM WR improve autofocus specifically in low light fast moving kids?

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNext
Flat view
DynamicFun
DynamicFun Regular Member • Posts: 162
Does XT-4 with new 1.4 R LM WR improve autofocus specifically in low light fast moving kids?

The XT-4 gets a lot of mixed feedback around autofocus. I think some of that feedback is tied to the lens performance, not the camera. However, very few people provide feedback comparisons when mentioning the lens on both systems.

My question: Does the Fujifilm X-T4 with the brand new XF 1.4 R LM WR lenses in 23mm and 33mm change that equation vs the R6 with RF 35 and 50mm f/1.8 canon lenses?

These two cameras + lens combos are similarly priced when bundled, top in their respective classes and have all the features I want.

The XT-4 is my first choice in nearly every way, but my primary use is fast moving low light photography of my kids (among other things). The r6 is widely considered to be among the best in that scenario (along with the other pricey canon and sony options a7 IV, canon r3 ). But is it only the best when using the pricey 1.2L lenses?

I understand the r6 has about one stop better ISO performance. My hope is to avoid ISO above 3200 which basically makes that difference largely irrelevant. (1600 iso on my 50d crosses the line for me in most scenarios)

Anyone have hands on experience with both options?

Canon EOS 50D Canon EOS R6 Fujifilm X-T4 Sony a7
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow