Delete or only upload favorites?

Started 4 months ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
jlina
jlina Senior Member • Posts: 2,226
Delete or only upload favorites?

Hi everybody! I have a question about what I think people call workflow.

On my old computer I just upload everything to Windows photos which has so many photos that is really slow to do so then I can view what I want and slide them out to the desktop to save in different folders. But I got a new laptop and I don't want to clutter it up with thousands of useless photos.

So I have been opening up the DCIM folder on the SD card and only uploading or saving the favorites to the desktop which is also copying them to photos but then if I delete them from the desktop it takes them out of photos as well and I don't want them on my desktop for forever.

Any suggestions on a simpler process that involves being able to delete a lot of photos?

The windows photo app is cumbersome and doesn't have much editing availability. I also have fast Stone but only on one of my computers. If you delete while you're looking at the photos with the windows photo app it takes forever so then you have to go back and check a bunch of photos to delete and that also takes time.

So I'm looking for the most efficient way to view all the photos on the SD card and only save the four or three I like out of the say 100?

Thanks for suggestions!

-- hide signature --

jlina

jlina's gear list:jlina's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DC-FZ1000 II
ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Bob
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow