Tamron 18-300 availability update (Australia)

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNext
Flat view
New Day Rising
New Day Rising Senior Member • Posts: 6,588
Tamron 18-300 availability update (Australia)

Just a bit of info that might be useful to anyone thinking of buying Tamron 18-300.

I ordered one from George's Cameras in Sydney (one of the country's oldest dealers now) on 20th December. They were offering it for $890 (about US$644) - a very good price and it is now listed on their website for more than that.

I have been following-up on the order regularly and have just received the first 'official' advice from George's. Tamron tells them production and stock is low globally (no real surprise) and George's will not be getting any until mid-February at the earliest. A sales person also warned me on the phone last week that Tamron has not been supplying full orders recently and I should not necessarily expect my lens to be in the next batch.

None of this is surprising, though of course it is disappointing. Also a bit frustrating, with money tied up in the order I could be using elsewhere. At this stage I will leave it in place though, particularly given the price increase, and see how it plays out next month.

-- hide signature --

All lies and jests; Still a man hears what he wants to hear; And disregards the rest

New Day Rising's gear list:New Day Rising's gear list
Nikon D7200 Sony a7R II Olympus OM-D E-M10 II Fujifilm X-T2 Sony RX100 +14 more
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow