File size limit in PhotoLab 5?

Started 4 months ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
RebDovid2 Regular Member • Posts: 159
File size limit in PhotoLab 5?

The recent death of an elderly relative prompted me to begin scanning old family photographs. I then want to edit selected images. Either because of the file size produced by the scans--c. 150MB--or some other reason, I'm finding that PL 5 regularly freezes I try to batch export edited tiffs to jpegs. I've submitted a technical support request to DxO but thought that someone here might be able to help.

I'm running PhotoLab 5 Elite (although I think the Elite aspect irrelevant) on a Dell XPS 8930, Windows 10, 64-bit, with a 3.20 gigahertz Intel Core i7-8700 CPU, 32GB of RAM, and an NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti GPU. Since Deep Prime doesn't apply to the scanned images, I think the choice between CPU, GPU, or Auto within settings is irrelevant. Nevertheless, I've tried both without seeing a difference.

The scanned images are produced by an Epson V300 scanner using the current professional version of VueScan. For quality reasons, I'm scanning to tiffs with two passes and no compression. The resulting files are c. 150MB, which I suspect may be the problem.

Does anyone know whether there's a limit on the size of files that PL 5 can handle for export either generally or as a function of my hardware configuration?

If it makes sense to try smaller file sizes, do people have thoughts regarding getting there via VueScan settings or resizing the scanned images? With VueScan, I can reduce file size my going from two passes to one, via compression, or both. For resizing images after scanning with VueScan, I'd need suggestions as to an appropriate program.

TIA

RebDovid2's gear list:RebDovid2's gear list
Panasonic LX100 II +1 more
ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow